Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Last Days

As everyone in my Writing I class already knows, it's the LAST WEEK of the semester. For our last class assignment blog we were asked a series of questions about the course that we had taken. Here are my responses: I learned that when writing, whether it is a persuasive piece or a biographical sketch, has many different parts. I also learned that writing also includes many different thought processes. I learned that people all write differently, and have their own unique styles. I struggled the most with learning to write a research paper. It was trying to get different sources and also learning to cite them correctly. I also learned a great deal about subjects such as physics and mediums. I also learned that maybe there is truth to their claims from writing biographical sketches, and thesis papers. I had a little trouble setting up my web folio, and this blog page, because I am not the most computer literate person in the world. I had to call my X-husband for help a couple of times throughout this course. I also had trouble, which I hate to admit to with learning what a URL was, and was an rtf format. I felt a little stupid when I found out just what they were from my twelve year old son, which was very patient with his behind the times mother. A few of the things I would have changed before I had taken the course would be that I would have became more computer literate, so I wouldn't have allowed myself to become so frustrated sometimes when trying to complete assignments. I also would have asked for help sooner, and not felt upset or stupid for having to do so. The easiest assignment was writing about a movie. It wasn't that easy though, but it was the easiest out of all the assignments. Thir13een Ghost is a favorite of mine so watching it for an assignment was simple to do. However, it was hard trying to summarize the movie in just one paragraph. It was also hard to turn that assignment into a persuasive writing piece. To be honest, at first I thought this class was going to be weird, due to the subjects we were discussing, but It turned out to be quite interesting, and fun. The assignment that I liked the most was the a la carte. I enjoyed writing my own ghost story. I am a believer of ghost so that was right up my alley. I also thought it was creative the way the assignments throughout the course all included a paranormal theme, in which we were still able to pick from. I enjoyed the feedback from my peers about various assignments as well as the encouragement of my instructor throughout this course. There wasn't anything that I just disliked about the course. I would recommend this course to a friend of family member if the were required to take a writing course.

No comments:

Post a Comment